Sometimes I think of what it will be like in Savannah. Sometimes I get really overwhelmed thinking about everything I have to do before I move. Sometimes I just want to get everything over with, get down there and get to work. Sometimes I get tired of sitting and waiting. I just wish that all this would just be behind me… I got really frustrated today, nothing major happened just a lot of stuff all at once and I wanted to give up and move down there tomorrow. After I got over myself and read in Acts a little I started laughing at myself because God is pushing me there faster than I wanted in the first place. What’s up with that? When I think of all the events that lead me to where I am today… that’s when I should be overwhelmed. Overwhelmed with the love that I feel, the love that makes my love seem like pure hatred. The same love that’s already waiting around the corner before I get there. The love that’s been wishing I would do this for a while. I am no longer making these decisions on my own, I am following the path that He is laying out in front of me. Let me stress this next point… I mean literally throwing opportunities in my face… I’ve heard people say being a Christian is hard. I have been a Christian my whole life and yes, there have been a lot of frustrating times. But ever since I gave in to God and started being a Christ “follower”, the times when I get frustrated because things aren’t going exactly the way I think they are supposed too. Those times just seem trivial… Jeremiah 29:11 is probably one of the most popular bible verses. If you go into any Christian bookstore I guarantee you will find a picture or a T-shirt with that scripture on it… It reads: For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future. In the next couple of verses you will find that if we pray, He will listen and if we look for Him with all our heart, we will find Him. So… yeah He’s going to take care of us, but we have to give Him our Whole Heart first (worry included). I think we forget about that part sometimes… At least I do.
February 6, 2008
sitting, waiting , wishing…
This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 6th, 2008 at 2:17 am and posted in Just Sayin. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.
- Let's play Words With Friends. My username is 'michaelpauledde'. http://bit.ly/dK8DdN 7 years ago
- I'm officially not using this Twitter account anymore. please follow @beaconphoto thanks! 8 years ago
- hey guys... if you aren't following @beaconphoto do it!!! only one more week until I delete this Twitter account! 8 years ago
- paula deens set http://yfrog.com/n5ia3cj 8 years ago
- taking a tour of meddin studios . so cool 8 years ago
- hanging with @joshbayne 8 years ago
- all the smoke alarms in the house are going off. there is no fire! why is this happening? 8 years ago
- dessert ... yep http://yfrog.com/f7ivwj 8 years ago
- my 3 favorite prime time shows: modern family, outsourced & raising hope. the office goes without saying 8 years ago
- follow the light... http://yfrog.com/08hnsmj 8 years ago
- 16,229 hits